Sunday, November 21, 2010
Mommy's Top Ten List
It is hard to believe that we have been home with our new children for 3 weeks already. It has truly been a "wonderfully crazy" time! Here is my "Top Ten List" for our first 3 weeks as a family of nine.
10. The first trip to the donut shop! Yummy!
9. Lots and lots and lots of laughter! It’s “chicken,” not “kitchen.” Aliyah & Ava laughing as they taught each other English and Amharic words. The toilet full of candy at our church’s “Trunk or Treat.” I’m sure our new kids think Americans are CRAZY! Tickle! Tickle! Everyone wants mommy to go around the table at meals and tickle them. They especially like when I tickle Daddy.
8. Mom! Mom! Mom! I hear that at least 500 times a day!
7. Clean up! All 7 kids are great at cleaning. When everyone helps, we have more time to play!
6. Over 100 bananas were eaten the first week. We now go through over 50 a week just for breakfast!
5. Lots of bike riding! The joy on the kids faces as they learned to ride bikes was priceless, and the shock on the big boys’ faces when Mommy rode a bike (and beat them in a race) was hilarious! They were also surprised to learn that Mommy could kick a soccer ball.
4. The first lost tooth! Why is Mommy so excited about my tooth being out, and why is she putting it in a plastic bag with my name on it?
3. 70 fingers! 70 toes! That is 140 nails that need to be cut each week!
2. My sweet husband, who gets up on the nights he is not flying with Brennan, so I can get a good night sleep.
1. Hearing all 7 children singing “Amazing Grace” together during our family devotions!